Strikeforce officials on Tuesday afternoon told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that journeyman heavyweight Jimmy Ambriz (14-12-1 MMA, 0-0 SF) is not fighting the former pro wrestler at "Strikeforce: Miami," despite a seal of approval from the Florida State Boxing Commission.
Despite the latest setback, officials said they felt confident a replacement opponent would be found in time for the Jan. 30 event, which features a welterweight title bout between Nick Diaz and Marius Zaromskis and will be broadcast live on Showtime.
Strikeforce continues to struggle finding opponents for some of their fighters, and that's not a good precedent for the supposed #2 MMA promotion in the world. They had a similar problem with Robbie Lawler on their last show when Trevor Prangley pulled out of the bout with an injury last month. Strikeforce was not able to secure another opponent for Lawler, forcing him to be moved to the upcoming card on January 30th to fight Melvin Manhoe(that fight is fireworks btw). If they can't find an opponent, I think the should just cancel the Lashley fight, and put him on the CBS card in April against a CREDIBLE opponent as I mentioned earlier today.