Lorenzo Ferttita was back on the UG this weekend entertaining questions and dropped some gems on future UFC plans. I went through all the posts and below is a synopsis of what he talked about:
- UFC wants to return to Chicago near the end of 2009, but was disappointed in turnout for UFC 90.
- Couture/Nogueira will probably take place in Portland, Oregon, on August 29th
- Will not tangle with Amateur MMA because they don't understand how to control/regulate it
- Will not be another comeback season of TUF, but is working on something better that will 'blow peoples minds'.
- Penn/Florian is being worked on to main event the Philly show on August 8th.
- Could possibly hold St. Patty's Show next year in Dublin, Ireland. Will expand to France, it's a long term investment but first show shown there on TV got very good ratings
- Wants to go to Brazil, but that will take time to develop. Will probably goto Australia before Brazil.
- Will not do Grand Prix tournaments because athletic commissions don't like them and it's tough on the fighters
- They want to hold a show in Detroit
- Wants Greasegate to be over
- Likes Women's MMA and thinks there's a place for it on their shows(didn't specify if he was talking about UFC or WEC)
- Spoke on UFC Hall of Fame...said lots of people belong in there and it's not just about what happens inside the octagon
- Wants Fedor to come to the UFC to fight Lesnar, Mir, Carwin etc.
- Says Japan is IMPOSSIBLE to do business with and the UFC will probably never go there
Give me your thoughts!?