Pro MMA returns to the Triangle as Carolina Fight Promotion's "Carolina Crown 2" event October 24th at the RBC Center in Raleigh:
- - 170 lbs. (Championship fight) Jake Whitfield (NC) 2-1 vs. Brian Keller (NC) 2-2
- - 135 lbs. (Championship fight) Robert Owens (SC) 6-1 vs. Preston Marks 0-1
- - 205 lbs. Vinny Magalhaes (BRA) 3-5 vs. Jason Guida (IL) 18-22
- - 185 lbs. Billy Dowey (NC) 0-0 vs. Terry Cohens (FL) 4-6
- - 145 lbs. Pete Martin (NC) 0-0 vs. Dave Linder (SC) 2-2
- - 205 lbs. Tomar Washington (SC) 1-0 vs. Marcus Thomas (VA) 0-1
- - 155 lbs. Jeffrey Tharrington (NC) 5-0 vs. Franklin Hickman (NC) 1-0
- - 155 lbs. Jeff Loken (NC) 4-0 vs. Grant Harris (NC) 3-1
- - 170 lbs. James Hall (NC) 1-0 vs. Dustin Turbeville (SC) 1-2
- - HWT Chris Sutton (NC) 2-0 vs. Drew Stewart (NC) 1-0
- - 145 lbs. Alicia Corey (NC) 1-0 vs. Rachel Dovido (NC) 0-0
- - 145 lbs. Choi Min Chi (NC) 1-1 vs. James Ronsick (NC) 2-4
- - 170 lbs. Nicholas Rahn (NC) 0-0 vs. Carlos Perez (NC) 0-1
- - 145 lbs. Justin Dalton (NC) 3-2 vs. Larry Hughes (NC) 0-1
A few things to point out in regard to this card:
- 1. Tomar Washington is considered a prospect with good potential. Fighting out of Myrtle Beach, Tomar has a good team training him and has shown a lot of ability in an undefeated amateur run.
- 2. Don't the 0-1 pro record let Preston Marks fool you. Dude is a very accomplished submission artist and went 2-0 as an amateur. This guy wants to challenge himself so bad that he fought Jesse Riggleman (7-0) in his pro debut and lost a close decision. He's facing a 6-1 pro in his second pro fight. You've got to like that degree of ambition.
- 3. TUF season 8 contestant Vinny Magalhaes makes an appearance on this card.
A special guest at this event will be UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie.