Over the past week or so there have been a slew of bouts that have been rumored and/or signed to take place at future UFC events. I wanted to list some of them and give some brief thoughts on those match ups since it's a pretty slow news day.
- David Loiseau vs. Ed Herman at UFC 97-I've always been a fan of "The Crow" and if he does make his return to the octagon then that would be the shit. I think Ed Herman would be a good match up for him. This card is rumored to be taking place in Canada, since Loiseau's Canadian it only makes sense to let him re-debut there I suppose.
- Josh Koscheck vs. Paulo Thiago at UFC 95-At first I was like Koscheck is a tough mofo if he's fighting Thiago Alves again! I have no idea who this Thiago guy is, but he is undefeated so that at least counts for something. This fight should air on the broadcast since it'll be on Spike TV. Maybe we'll get to see another Koscheck KO like he did against Yoshida?
- Gray Maynard vs. Jim Miller at UFC 96-This could be a sick fight as Miller proved he is no joke thus far in the octagon. Maynard could be too big for him though and may know enough sub defense to grind him out. Thoughts?
- Dustin Hazelett vs. Ben Saunders at UFC 96-Eww...this is a sick ass fight. Hazelett is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, and Saunders impressed with his last performance at the Fight For The Troops event. I can wait to break this fight down.
- Shane Nelson vs. Aaron Riley at UFC 96-I think Riley takes this one all day, unless Nelson has improved greatly since the last time I saw him.
- Efrain Escudero vs. Jeremy Stephens at UFN 18-Another sick ass fight that I could see going either way.
- Dan Miller vs. Jake Rosholt at UFN 17-Miller is in as a replacement to fight Rosholt, and I think he'll be too much for him as well.
- Junie Browning vs. Cole Miller at UFC 18-Tough Tough fight...
- Shane Carwin vs. Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 96-I love this match making, but I don't agree that Gonzaga should get a title shot with a win over Carwin(that's what his trainer says anyway). I think Carwin definitely has the tools to take Gonzaga out.
- Luis Cane vs. Keith Jardine at UFC 97-This is the fight I'm looking forward to the most. I think Cane takes this one all day.
Gimme your thoughts on the match ups and which one are you looking forward to the most? If I missed some(I'm sure I did) feel free to list them with your comments. Once these match ups are finalized(I know a couple are), we'll be back to break'em down as we always do once those respective events roll around.